All of the meals we make have no added grains but they're not free from carbohydrates as these are essential for a dog to thrive. Carbohydrates in our meals come from gently cooked lentils, sweet potatoes, and vegetables - they provide a balanced diet which is rich in vitamins, omega fatty acids, and antioxidants. Carbohydrates are a fantastic source of energy and a source of fibre which ensures great gut mobility, balanced good bacteria, and regular stools.
Unlike many processed dog foods, our meals contain more meat than carbs; 60% is freshly prepared meat with the remaining 40% a mixture of whole lentils, vegetables, botanicals and flaxseeds. Dogs are omnivores so this means they need more than just meat alone in order to thrive.
The carbs in our recipes fall into the complex carbohydrate category and have a low glycaemic index, meaning they do not cause spikes in blood sugar - great news if your dog is diabetic.