We've designed our packaging really carefully to make it as efficient as we can, lovely to look at, and as sustainable/green as possible. Here's what you can do with our boxes and what comes inside them:
The Box, Ice Packs & Pouches
- Our boxes and ice packs are recyclable (or you can reuse the ice packs to keep your lunch or a cheeky picnic cool).
- There are some innovative recycling companies who'll recycle our plastic pouches - you just need to give your dog's empty pouches a quick wash and let them dry, then find a drop-off point for them. Simply search "pet food recycling programme" in your favourite web browser to find your local options.
With the help of our friends at WoolCool, we’ve created a return scheme for the insulation we use in our boxes to keep your pouches nice and cool. Here's how to go about sending your woolly wonders back:
- Receive your Butternut Box, expect tail wags.
- Once you've unpacked all of the meals into your fridge and/or freezer, pop all of the WoolCool from your delivery back into one of our boxes to store it - plastic wrapping and all. After each delivery, pack as many sheets of WoolCool as you can into the same box so that you only need to send it back every so often.
- Find a Woolcool return label that we've sent you (we'll pop one into every few boxes unless you'd like us not to - just let us know). Or download and print a label here https://www.collectplus.co.uk/woolcool.
- Stick the label to your box full of WoolCool, and make sure to cover or remove any old labels to avoid confusion.
- Drop the box off at one of 7000 CollectPlus drop-off points. You can find where these are on the CollectPlus website - just use your postcode to search your nearest location.
- WoolCool will clean, reprocess, and make new sheets of insulation out of all your returned wool. Magic. ♻️